About ADIB Egypt
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank -Egypt (ADIB-Egypt) is an award-winning bank that started its operations in Egypt after the acquisition of the National Bank for Development (NBD), through the Emirati consortium between Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank and Emirates International Investment Company (EIIC) in 2007. As part of its strategy to be a leading universal Islamic bank in Egypt, the Bank focuses on offering a broad spectrum of Shari’a compliant banking solutions, to cater to the needs of corporate and retail customers, the development of a state-of-the art infrastructure, and revamping its 70 branch network. Aiming at integrating its services, the Bank established an Investment Banking arm, ADIB Capital, ADILease a leasing company, and ADIB Invest an assets management arm.
Following the acquisition, the paid-up capital doubled almost seven-fold, increased from EGP 281Mn to EGP 2Bn and EGP 4Bn authorized capital. ADIB-Egypt posted EGP 1,228Mn net profit end of 2019, which represents a 44% increase compared to year 2018. ADIB Egypt succeeded in establishing a Retail, Corporate & SME platform to serve customers in different segments and provide the necessary services of short-term and long-term finance. All these measures enabled the Bank to build a broad base portfolio of leading local and international companies operating in the Egyptian market as well as a large base of individual clients.
In addition to the asset and liabilities products and treasury services all delivered through client centric teams, ADIB Egypt employs a dynamic team of over 2,300 experts providing a growing portfolio of Shari’a compliant products and services via a stimulating work environment for staff across its nationwide network of 70 branches.
ADIB Egypt believes that the true contribution of a company lies not only in the value it brings to its shareholders and clients, but equally important to the community in which it operates. The Bank has partnered with a number of leading Egyptian NGOs to building bridges towards a brighter and healthier future, and to contribute in nationwide CSR projects supporting underprivileged segments of society.
Confirming its growing position in the banking sector during 2019, ADIB-Egypt was awarded:
- “Best Islamic Financial Institution in Egypt” by Global Finance Magazine
- “The Innovators in Islamic Finance” by Global Finance Magazine
- “Islamic Bank of the Year” by The Banker Magazine
- “Best Islamic Bank 2019 in Egypt” by Islamic Finance News Magazine
- “Best Islamic Retail Banking Services (Egypt)” by Banker Middle East Magazine
- “Best Islamic Consumer Bank in Egypt 2019” by International Finance Magazine
- “Fastest Growing SME Bank in Egypt” by Global Banking & Finance Review Magazine
- Ranked as one of the “Top 100 Company” in Egypt by Amwal Al Ghad Magazine